It is a day where all of us can give back by supporting a cause that means a lot to us, doing a good deed for our local community or someone in need. Examples of ways you can give back include volunteering, donating to charities or even just raising awareness.
This is a special day where we can all unite for a worldwide celebration of generosity.
Giving back is important to us at WALDO, which is why we decided to partner with international charity Sightsavers with a mutual goal to fight avoidable blindness. This is a cause that WALDO cares strongly about and the reason WALDO’s Buy one, Give Vision program was established.
This program helps to fund life-altering sight correcting procedures and products, such as trachoma treatments, cataract surgeries and prescription glasses with every WALDO purchase. WALDO also aims to be able to donate $4,500,000 USD to this program by the end of 2025.
This initiative helps to make vision a reality for those who experience vision loss due to factors that can be prevented, such as no access to eyecare services. This is a global challenge that Sightsavers and WALDO are determined to tackle in order to work towards a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities participate equally in society.
How can you take part today?
- Research how you can support a charity close to your heart or discover a new one. Many charities have wishlists on their websites of items that they need.
- Give food to your local food bank or the homeless.
- Create an online fundraising page for your chosen charity and get others to get involved.
- Reach out and help the elderly.
- Show gratitude to essential workers.
- Pay it forward - Example: Pay for the person behind you in a drive-thru or shopping queue.
- Help a neighbour.
- Make someone’s day.
- Raising Awareness - Using the hashtag #GivingTuesday on social media.
So, whatever you choose to do today - do it with kindness and generosity and celebrate Giving Tuesday!